The road can be a scary place, but with proper preparation, you can ready yourself for danger. Appropriate vehicle maintenance, respecting the rules of the road, and general caution go a long way, but in case of an emergency, it’s always a good idea to have a first-aid kit.
Don’t have a first-aid kit in your car? Here are some first-aid kit essentials to get you started:
- To start out with, be sure to have a flashlight and spare batteries, so that you can use your kit in the dark.
- Stock up your first-aid kit with bandages of all different sizes, gauze, antibiotic ointment, and other dressings.
- Pack some clean gloves so that you can dress wounds without passing along any germs, and be sure to have some antiseptic wipes ready.
- Keep plenty of fresh water ready, either for rinsing out wounds or just for drinking, especially in the summer.
- Likewise, for the winter, be sure to have warm blankets and other garments available, such as gloves, hats, and even coats.
- Lastly, keep anything unique to your family and frequent passengers available, like extra doses of medication, inhalers, etc.
For more safety tips or to check out the latest vehicle safety features available, contact us or visit us anytime at El Cajon Mitsubishi!